Wednesday 19 March 2008

So much for a holiday

I have a stinking cold. I don't think it is the flu because other than yesterday I've not been so drained that I can't do anything. Yesterday was BAD.

I've not felt this bad since 1995 (ironically about a week after the Baron and I started to go out) when I got tonsillitis, a sinus infection and an ear infection all at once. That was dire. But this is pretty much on a par with that.

The main problem is that there is so little I can take right now to alleviate it. I can't sleep because I can't swallow and I can't breathe, so I toss and turn all night. Little Lady doesn't like that too much and kicks the shit out of me all night. That is a great feeling - don't get me wrong, but since I've also pulled all my stomach muscles from coughing so much it is also a little painful right now.

So I feel very sorry for myself. It's pathetic really.

2 comments:

Kinga said...

If you're congested, you can hold your face over a bowl filled with steaming water (with a towel on your head to keep all the moisture in). It didn't do me a whole lot of good, but it helped a little bit with the breathing. Otherwise, it's paracetamol in minimal doses, vitamin C (but don't overdo it) and trying to rest as much as you can. Sorry to hear you're under the weather. That's REALLY not fun ever, but even worse when you're preggers.

Mouse said...

Thanks - that's been pretty much what I've been doing. Hot honey and lemon have helped my throat but since I loathe the stuff I only manage a sip or two anyway!

At least the cats love me again. They hated me the first night when I really was feeling bad, but they don't actually help by curling up on my chest...