Friday 21 March 2008

Musical tastes

I've been experimenting with music for the Little Lady. She seems to enjoy my normal car music (usually indie or rock) well enough given her kicking and wriggling but I don't see myself being able to calm her to sleep with that in the future :)

So I've been playing the piano to her. Beethoven, Mozart, Bach and Mendelsohn seem ok - she wriggles a bit, jazz gets no reaction at all (I'm glad because jazz is not my style) and baroque was met with a little kick.

However.....I found out after an afternoon of playing she adores the Maple Leaf Rag. Every single time I play it she goes crazy in there. However, I can't play the whole thing. I used to be able to, but it has been a while since I seriously practiced mainly because the dogs when puppies would howl and it pissed the neighbours off. Plus Darth Lila ate my copy of the Maple Leaf Rag...

She likes it when I play it on the computer, but if I play it on the piano you can actually see her moving in there! I guess I need to go buy the music again, and get practicing.

I don't think I'll play the clarinet to her. I'm not going to have enough time to start really practicing that as well!

2 comments:

Kimmer said...

That is so sweet, that you're finding out her musical tastes already!

Camille said...

You play the piano? I had no idea. I'm sooo jealous, that's always been a dream of mine.

I'm so glad things are trucking along for you with little miss spawn. ;)