Sunday 2 November 2008

Just squeaking in...

I wasn't sure I'd manage an entry today - the second day of the challenge. That would have been pathetic.

But in the interest of success, I took the plunge and found something interesting to write about.

Literally. I fell down the stairs this afternoon.

I have no idea how it happened. I was very tired after yet another bad night, and I went from thinking about the baby monitor whilst walking down the stairs, to free falling down wondering when I would hit the ground and how.

I landed with my right leg bent back, and my right knee smacked into the ground. I couldn't feel my leg let alone move it, so I crawled into the living room with the intention of calling the Baron and getting him to come home. However, the Little Lady had woken from her catnap (I'm so grateful that I wasn't carrying her at the time) and was howling.

The dogs saw me crawling and thought it was playtime. I shouted at them to sit down as opposed to leaping round like loons, and Zach Attack! promptly dropped on my right leg. I screamed, and Lila pushed him off and jumped on herself thinking this was part of the game.

I decided that calling the Baron would have to wait. I knew he'd freak however I broke the news, but calling with the Little Lady screaming like on trying to raise the dead would not help break that news.

So I calmed her and called him for help. As expected, he had a mini freak out and came home immediately. He took one look at me trying to walk, relieved me of Little Lady and carted me off to the hospital.

I won't bore you with details of the hospital (long wait, spooky x-ray room, pumping in the waiting room and then being given a cubicle and a mad old lady yowling from somewhere), but suffice to say that I have a damaged medial collateral ligament, a bruised ankle and a strained back. Somehow I have to stay off my feet, rest, and do bugger all.

Not sure how that is going to work...

No comments: