Tuesday 6 May 2008

Musings from my hotel room

I'm a few days shy of 30 weeks. How on earth did THAT happen?

I remember holding that test with a second line and being totally shocked. 26 weeks later, that shock hasn't entirely subsided.

I feel her moving every day. She gets the hiccups a fair bit at the moment, which always makes me laugh. I can sit for hours and watch the ripples of her movement across my belly. I've seen her on ultrasound and I've heard her beautiful heartbeat on every occasion that we've tried.

Yet I still can't quite believe that we'll be having a baby in around 10 weeks.

We have a whole room sorted now. She has a cot, a Moses basket, a wardrobe to be proud of, cloth nappies, bedding, toys, a swing, a pramette and a car seat. Most of which has been tested by a deranged black cat only too pleased to help out.

But it still doesn't feel real. I wonder when it will....

4 comments:

Kimmer said...

I really miss feeling the baby move inside me--the coolest feeling! Sarah & Lauren both got hiccups, too. With Sarah, I didn't realize what it was, but with Lauren, I thought, "Oh, I remember this!"

Pez said...

I loved feeling the baby kick and watching my stomach when a foot would be slowly extended.

Enjoy the last few weeks, Sarah. Looking forward to meeting your sweet baby!

MolleenCarie said...

So sweet. :) I'm thinking about the time you hear her little wail, it will feel real.

Camille said...

Every time I remember that you are expecting (and yes, time has flown!) I just wish I could attack you with a huge jumping-up-and-down-shrill-scream-excited hug! And I don't really get that excited very often, so you know it's special. lol. :)