Saturday 18 August 2007

Hi

It goes without saying that I am a terrible blogger. To some degree, this hasn't been my fault. Our computer died again, and my replacement laptop wouldn't let me log in here, so even if I HAD had something to blog about, I wouldn't have been able to.

However, I have had nothing to blog about, so the above mentioned excuse isn't needed.

I am still not pregnant, and I have no new animals in the house. Of course, that changes temporarily next week, as we are dog sitting my parent's creatures. Samson, the uncle of Darth Lila, and Harry Plopper, the brother of Zach Attack!, will be staying with us for a week whilst the rest of my family plays dodge the hurricane. I have taken the week off work to ensure that there is minimal blood spillage and that the house stays reasonably intact.

I fear this is the final nail in the coffin of my sanity. Ten animals in one house.

Other than dealing with animal induced pyschosis, my plans for the week involve some light cleaning, some heavy alcohol consumption and I forgot what I was saying because the window just blew open and scared the crap out of me.

Oh yes, my plans for the week. The front garden is going to die. I am so annoyed that after the hard work we put into it, the bindweed has taken over. I plan on removing as much surface weed as I can, dousing the whole area in super strength weedkiller, and then covering the area with black bags to keep the light out. I've read that will help the weedkiller penetrate to the roots and kill it off more effectively. I've also read the complete opposite, but I like this idea since I don't have to look at the mess every day.

I think those three tasks will keep me out of mischief.

1 comment:

Pez said...

Welcome back. You've been missed.

Sorry about the garden. That must be so frustrating!